Anupam Mittal is the Founder and CEO of People Group, and he was a Judge on the Indian reality show Shark Tank India lately. Monday through Friday at 9:00 p.m., Shark Tank India airs on Sony TV. Anupam Mittal obtained an MBA in Operations and Strategic Management from Boston University in the academic year 1994-1997.
He is the Founder and CEO of People Group, as well as a Shark Tank India investor on Sony TV. According to Jagran TV, the person has also invested in Bollywood, producing two films, Flavors and 99. After TikTok got banned, its rival Mauj became a part of his business module.
He gets recognized as one of the country’s most inventive businessmen. Besides that, he is one of the judges on India’s first television business reality show Shark Tank India Season 1. He is the Founder and CEO of People Group, as well as a Shark Tank India investor on Sony TV. The individual has also invested in Bollywood, producing two films, Flavors and 99, according to Jagran TV. With a lot of ups and downs, Anupam Mittal created Saadi.com (formerly known as Sagaai.com) in 1997. In a few years, the firm has established a foothold in its area, with more than 30 million people using the platform.
Life and Education
Anupam Mittal was born into a business family. He finished his schooling in Maharashtra. During his college years in his hometown, he used to help his father with his company by visiting his factory for two hours after school. In the meanwhile, he received a contract from Europe, but it did not work out.
Shark Anupam Mittal’s Career
He subsequently traveled for Europe and failed once more. After six months, he chose to go to the United States. He enrolled in Boston College in the Business/Commerce, General program in the 1994-1997 academic year. His major was Operations Management and Strategic Management. After graduating from Boston College, he worked as a product manager for the software business MicroStrategy in Washington, DC. He used to work for.com and was doing well, he worked there for four years.
Shark Anupam Mittal’s Personal Life
Anupam Mittal was born in Maharashtra on December 23, 1971, to Bhagwati Devi Mittal and Gopal Krishna Mittal. He is now staying in Mumbai and comes from a wealthy family. Also, he is the eldest of two sisters. Mittal married his long-term lover Anchal Kumar on July 4, 2013. They married in the Jaipur Palace. A video of his nuptials has just gone viral as well. Anchal is a well-known model who appeared in the Bollywood film Bluffmaster. Alyssa Mittal is the name of the couple’s daughter.
Journey as an Investor
Mittal is an entrepreneur as well as an angel investor. He began investing in 2007 when he was unaware of the phrase “angel investor.” His investments are primarily in start-ups. He had invested in over 200 start-up businesses. Interactive Avenues, Sapience Analytics, Big Basket, Cafe Zoe, Ketto, Druva, Pretty Secrets, TaxSpanner, Peel Works, FarEye, Prop Tiger, and others are among them. Anupam Mittal has also made investments in Bollywood movies. He has produced two films, Flavors and 99.
Shark Anupam Mittal’s Networth
Anupam Mittal is one of the sharks in the reality show “Shark Tank India” who has established his business way earlier than the rest of the sharks. Within all these years, he has seen huge success in his business. That is why without any surprise, Mittal’s net worth got estimated by their team to be close to Rs 15,000 crore.
- Anupam Mittal rose to prominence after appearing as a shark (investor) in the business reality show Shark Tank India Season 1.
- His compensation for each episode got reported to be 7-8 lakhs.
- He is also an angel investor who has invested in over 200 businesses.
- Mittal got named as Outstanding Serial Entrepreneur & Angel Investor in the second year of the Indus Entrepreneurs Mumbai “Hall of Fame” 2020 awards.
- He likes to spend a lot of time on social media. He has 342k followers on Instagram, 342k followers on Twitter, and 61.2K followers on Instagram.
- On his Instagram account, he is frequently seen endorsing costly and branded ads such as the Lamborghini Huracan.
- He got named as one of the top 25 most commonly searched persons by Week Magazine.
- Anupam was born and reared in a Marwadi household.
- In 2021, he was a judge on the first season of Shark Tank India, India’s first television business program, which broadcast on Sony Entertainment Television.
- Anupam was the first to offer an internet matrimonial service in 1996.
- He has invested around one crore rupees in OLA and owns 2% of the company’s equity.
- He is a prolific social media user.
- Shaadi.com got founded by Anupam Mittal. He is India’s most successful entrepreneur.
- Aanchal Kumar, the model, is now his wife.
- Anupam was born in Mumbai on December 23, 1971.
- There is currently no article on Wikipedia with the name Anupam Mittal.
- He is about 5’7 feet tall.
- when Anupam was in the US, he got the idea to start a matrimonial, which was unique on its own at that time.
- He received the Karmaveer Puraskaar
- Anupam used to have a blog on WordPress
- He started Shaadi.com as “Sagaai.com“
- Anupam also runs Makaan.com and Mauj.com
- He became an angel investor in 2007
- He has invested in Bollywood films
- Anupam is the co-founder of the Internet & Mobile Association of India
- Anupam made to the list of IMPACT Digital Power 100 list for three years consecutively