Hrithik Roshan is a Bollywood actor from India. He became an overnight star with his debut film, “Kaho Na Pyaar Hai,” thanks to his unrivaled dancing abilities. Let’s have a look at his acting career and learn some intriguing facts about him. Hrithik Roshan was born on January 10, 1974, into a Punjabi family in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. He went to Bombay Scottish School before enrolling in Sydenham College in Mumbai to pursue a Bachelor of Commerce degree.
Hrithik Roshan’s Biography
Hrithik was born with two thumbs on his right hand, for which he got teased by his peers. He was able to overcome his stammering affliction with the assistance of speech therapists. Hrithik started his career in Bollywood as a child actor when he was just six years old. In the film Aasha, he featured in a dance routine with Jeetendra for which he got paid Rs100.
He used his first earnings to buy ten Hot Wheel automobiles, which were popular at the time. After that, he appeared in a number of uncredited roles in other family cinema projects. Roshan got diagnosed with Scoliosis, a spinal disc herniation, in his early twenties, and doctors advised him to avoid dancing and stunts.
Hrithik Roshan’s Physical Appearance
- Hrithik Roshan height: 180cm or 5ft 11inches
- Hrithik Roshan Weight: 85kg
- Hrithik Roshan Body Measurements: Chest 44inches, Waist 28 inches, Bicep 16inches
- Eye Colour: Hazel Green
- Hair Color: Black
Hrithik Roshan’s Family, Girlfriends & Wife
The Punjabi Khatri (Arora) family of Bollywood and Hrithik are descended. His father, Rakesh Roshan, is a well-known film director, and his mother, Pinky Roshan, is the daughter of producer and director J. Om Prakash. Roshan’s older sister, Sunaina Roshan, is also an actress. His paternal uncle is a music director named Rajesh Roshan. Hrithik encountered Sussanne Khan at a traffic light in Mumbai and fell in love at first sight.
The two began dating and eventually married on December 20, 2000, at Golden Resorts and Spa. The couple’s two kids are Hrehaan and Hridhaan. The pair divorced in November 2014 after splitting up in 2013. He and Kareena Kapoor were rumored dating each other while filming Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon (2003). Hrithik and Kareena’s relationship did not go down well with his wife.
As a result, he never worked with Kareena again in order to appease his wife. Hrithik dated Mexican actress Barbara Mori while filming Kites in 2010. Later, it was revealed that the actor also dated Kangana Ranaut, his Krrish 3 co-star. After his divorce from Susanne, Hrithik was growing closer to Shweta, according to certain sources.
Hrithik Roshan’s Career
After appearing in films as a child actor, Hrithik made his debut in Bollywood with his father’s romantic drama, “Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai.” The movie was a great hit and ended up becoming the highest-grossing film of 2000. His performance in the film was very much liked by the audience and established him as a prominent actor in Bollywood. Not just this, his signature dance moves in the song, “Ek Pal Ka Jeena,” became a nationwide sensation and a big craze among the youth.
In his second release, Fiza, he played the character of an innocent Muslim boy who becomes a terrorist after the Bombay Riots. Hrithik appeared in Fiza to expand his horizon as an actor. His character in Karan Johar’s family drama, Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, received massive love not only from India but worldwide.
Early Acting Days
Hrithik Roshan is an Indian film actor best recognized for his performance in Hindi films. He appeared uncredited in three films directed by his maternal grandpa, J. Om Prakash, as a youngster, the first of which was Aasha (1980). In Prakash’s crime drama Bhagwaan Dada, Roshan portrayed the adoptive son of Rajinikanth’s character. Roshan went on to serve as an assistant director on four films directed by his father, Rakesh, including Khudgarz in 1987 and Karan Arjun in 1995.
He has played a variety of parts, including an intellectually challenged teenager in Koi Mil Gaya (2003), an emperor in Jodhaa Akbar (2008), a quadriplegic in Guzaarish (2010), and a visually impaired guy in Kaabil (2017). Following his appearance in the film Kaabil as a blind man, the actor developed the “Tactabet” learning book series, which in fact, was published in Braille. As a fashion icon, he has also launched his own clothing line, HRx. As a child actor, he was very talented, and often Hrithik Roshan childhood photos one can see him hanging out with several stars. Hrithik Roshan’s songs such as Kaho Na Pyaar Hai is very famous.
Hrithik Roshan Controversies
- Sussane Khan, his then-wife, had rumored to leave his house because of his friendship with Barbara Mori. They eventually reunited, albeit only for a short time.
- On the eve of the local government elections, a poster depicting Hrithik in a dancing stance with the phrase “Vote DA for all the people” got distributed. The Democratic Alliance in South Africa is his opponent, which resulted in his films getting banned in the country.
- In December 2000, a rumor circulated that Hrithik had made an anti-Nepal comment, claiming that he despised Nepal and its people, sparking protests in Nepal. The actor, however, denied making such a remark, saying, “I can name all the interviews I’ve given.” Anyone can view all of the tapes at any time. I’ve never spoken anything negative about Nepal or the Nepalese people, whom I adore.
Hrithik is a passionate fan of classic and well-known autos. He also has a substantial collection of ultra-luxurious vehicles. Among his historic and exotic automobiles are the Rolls-Royce Ghost Series II, Mercedes S500, Jaguar XJ, Ferrari Modena, Maserati Spyder, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Range Rover Sport, and Mini Cooper S Convertible.
With a net worth of Rs1428 crore, Hrithik is one of the most paid actors in the industry. He is earning between Rs35 and Rs40 crores for every film.
- Hrithik’s relatives and friends affectionately refer to him as Duggu.
- Although the actor has given up smoking, he was once extremely hooked to it. He credits Allen Carr’s publication, Easy Way to Stop Smoking, with helping him kick his filthy habit.
- Surprisingly, his surname is Nagrath rather than Roshan.
- Hrithik did menial chores like serving tea to actors and scrubbing the floors while supporting his father, Rakesh Roshan, with his direction on the sets of Karan Arjun and Koyla.
- Roshan’s torso is adorned with two tattoos. He got his ex-wife’s name inked on the left wrist and a six-point star with a crimson circle on the right wrist.