Chanakya Niti is a treatise on the ideal way of life and shows Chanakya’s deep study of the Indian way of life. The other book on Chanakya’s teaching is Artha Shastra.
Chanakya was an ancient Indian polymath who was active as a teacher, author, strategist, philosopher, economist, jurist, and royal advisor. He was Prime Minister under the reign of Chandragupta Maurya and the founder of the Mauryan Empire.
- “A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first, and honest people are screwed first.” – Chanakya.
- “As soon as the fear approaches near, attack and destroy it.” – Chanakya.
- “The biggest guru-mantra is never share your secrets with anybody. It will destroy you.” – Chanakya.
- “One who can’t determine his goals, cannot win.” – Chanakya.
- “Even if a snake is not poisonous, it should pretend to be venomous.” – Chanakya.
- “A man is great by deeds, not by birth.” – Chanakya.
- “Education is the best friend. An educated person is respected everywhere. Education beats the beauty and the youth.” – Chanakya.
- “Wealth, a friend, a wife, and a kingdom may be regained, but this body when lost may never be acquired again.” – Chanakya.
- “The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the directions of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all direction.” – Chanakya.
- “The world’s biggest power is the youth and beauty of a woman.” – Chanakya.
Chanakya Quotes in Hindi:
- “जैसे ही भय निकट आए, आक्रमण करके उसका नाश कर दो।”- चाणक्य
- “कामवासना के समान विनाशकारी कोई रोग नहीं है।”- चाणक्य
- “अन्याय से कमाया हुआ धन निश्चित रूप से नष्ट हो जाएगा।”- चाणक्य
- “यह मनुष्य का मन ही है जो उसके बंधन या स्वतंत्रता का कारण है।”- चाणक्य
- “आप जिस चीज के लायक हैं, उससे कम पर कभी समझौता न करें। यह अभिमान नहीं, स्वाभिमान है।”- चाणक्य
- “मूर्ख को सलाह देना, दुराचारी स्त्री की देखभाल करना और सुस्त और दुखी व्यक्ति की संगति करना अविवेक है।”- चाणक्य
- “इस पृथ्वी पर तीन रत्न हैं – अन्न, जल और प्रिय वचन। मूर्ख लोग चट्टानों के टुकड़ों को रत्न समझते हैं।”- चाणक्य
- “जिस प्रकार एक सूखा पेड़ आग लगने पर पूरे जंगल को जला देता है, उसी प्रकार एक दुष्ट पुत्र पूरे परिवार को नष्ट कर देता है।”- चाणक्य
- “सेवक को उसके कर्तव्य के निर्वहन में, रिश्तेदार को कठिनाई में, मित्र को विपत्ति में, और पत्नी को दुर्भाग्य में परखें।”- चाणक्य
Chanakya Niti Quotes:
- “Books are as useful to a stupid person as a mirror is useful to a blind person.” – Chanakya Niti
- “A man is born alone and dies alone, and he experiences the good and bad consequences of his karma alone, and he goes alone to hell or the Supreme abode.” – Chanakya Niti
- “Do not reveal what you have thought upon doing, but by wise council keep it secret being determined to carry it into execution.” – Chanakya Niti
- “There is poison in the fang of the serpent, in the mouth of the fly and in the sting of a scorpion; but the wicked man is saturated with it.” – Chanakya Niti
- “God is not present in idols. Your feelings are your god. The soul is your temple.” – Chanakya Niti
Chanakya Quotes in English:
- “He who lives in our mind is near though he may actually be far away; but he who is not in our heart is far though he may really be nearby.” – Chanakya Niti
- “A good wife is one who serves her husband in the morning like a mother does, loves him in the day like a sister does and pleases him like a prostitute in the night.” – Chanakya Niti
- “Either Scholarship or Death will be my refuge.” – Chanakya Niti
- “If one has a good disposition, what other virtue is needed? If a man has fame, what is the value of other ornamentation?” – Chanakya Niti
- “The serpent, the king, the tiger, the stinging wasp, the small child, the dog owned by other people, and the fool: these seven ought not to be awakened from sleep.” – Chanakya Neeti
Chanakya Motivational Quotes:
- “The biggest guru-mantra is: never share your secrets with anybody. It will destroy you.” – Chanakya.
- “Before you start some work, always ask yourself three questions – Why am I doing it, What the results might be and Will I be successful. Only when you think deeply and find satisfactory answers to these questions, go ahead.” – Chanakya.
- “Once you start a working on something, don’t be afraid of failure and don’t abandon it. People who work sincerely are the happiest.” – Chanakya.
- “The earth is supported by the power of truth; it is the power of truth that makes the sunshine, and the winds blow; indeed, all things rest upon truth.” – Chanakya.
- “We should not fret for what is past, nor should we be anxious about the future; men of discernment deal only with the present moment.” – Chanakya.
- “The wise man should restrain his senses like the crane and accomplish his purpose with due knowledge of his place, time and ability.” – Chanakya.
- “The one excellent thing that can be learned from a lion is that whatever a man intends doing should be done by him with a whole-hearted and strenuous effort.” – Chanakya.
- “No one can defeat a powerful mind.” – Chanakya.
- “Skills are called hidden treasure as they save like a mother in a foreign country.” – Chanakya.
- “Even if a gem be placed on the foot and a mirror on the head, Still, the gem will not lose its value.” – Chanakya.
Self-Respect Chanakya Quotes:
- “Avoid him who talks sweetly before you but tries to ruin you behind your back, for he is like a pitcher full of poison with milk on top.” – Chanakya.
- “Test a servant while in the discharge of his duty, a relative difficulty, a friend in adversity, and a wife is misfortune.” – Chanakya.
- “Drop the idea that attachment and love are one thing. They are enemies. It is attachment that destroys all love.” – Chanakya.
Above motivational quotes from Arth Shastra a popular book written by Chanakya on politics of that time inspires today’s generation. His popular saying sometime seems diplomatic but it inspires us and motivates to choose right path in life.
Hope this motivational quote of Chanakya in Hindi as well as in English inspired you as well. Here is an article on 24 Sadhguru Quotes That are Truly Motivational, do give it a read as well, if you like this article.