Have you ever been stuck on a tricky riddle and wished there was an answer? One of the best things about riddles is that you can make them as hard or as easy as you want, depending on the person you’re asking. If you’re trying to stump your nephew, a simple riddle might work fine, but if you’re playing riddles with family members who have known you their whole lives, you might want to make them a little more challenging (even though they might still beat you). Here are 8 tricky riddles with answers to test your brainpower and try to stump you!
Also Read: Rules In North Korea You Won’t Believe Exist
20 Best Tricky Riddles With Answers:
What can you catch but never throw? – Tricky Riddles With Answers
Answer: A cold is something you can catch but can never throw.
2. What begins with an “e” and only contains one letter?
Answer: An envelope.
3. You see a boat filled with people. It has not sunk, but you don’t see a single person on the ship when you look again. Why?
Answer: They are all married.
4. Which letter of the alphabet has the most water? – Tricky Riddles With Answers
Answer: The letter “C” (SEA).
5. What two words, added together, contain the most letters?
Answer: Post office.
6. Mr. and Mrs. Sharma have six daughters and each daughter has one brother. How many people are in the Sharma family?
Answer: There are nine Sharma in the family. Since each daughter shares the same brother, there are six girls, one boy, and Mr. and Mrs. Sharma.
7. Can you write down eight eights so that they add up to one thousand?
Answer: 888 + 88 + 8 + 8 + 8 = 1,000
8. A girl has as many brothers as sisters, but each brother has only half as many brothers as sisters. How many brothers and sisters are there in the family? – Tricky Riddles With Answers
Answer: Four sisters and three brothers.
9. When Gyan was 6 years old, he hammered a nail into his favorite tree to mark his height. Ten years later, at age 16, Gyan returned to see how much higher the nail was. If the tree grew by 5 centimeters each year, how much higher would the nail be?
Answer: The nail would be at the same height since trees grow at their tops.
10. What has a head and a tail but no legs? – Tricky Riddles With Answers
Answer: A coin.
11. It can’t be seen, can’t be felt, can’t be heard, and can’t be smelled. Also, it lies behind stars and under hills, and empty holes it fills. It comes first and follows after, ends life, and kills laughter. What is it?
Answer: The Dark.
12. An electric train is headed east. Where does the smoke go?
Answer: Electric trains don’t produce any smoke!!
13. Why is it that when you have lost something, it’s always in the last place you look?
Answer: It is because you stop looking when you find it.
14. What can go through a door closed but cannot go through a door open? – Tricky Riddles With Answers
Answer: An umbrella.
15. You take 6 cubes of ice from the freezer. Remove 2 and add 1. You wait half an hour and put them back in the freezer. How many Ice cubes do you have now?
Answer: You have 1 ice cube as they will have melted and refrozen as 1.
16. Imagine that you are locked in a pitch-black room with no doors and windows. You can’t see, smell or hear anything. You have 120 seconds to escape the room. How do you escape from the room?
Answer: Stop imagining you are in the room.
17. You find yourself lost in a vast forest with no compass, and no cell phone in the middle of the day. You must return to the safety of the campsite and your friends before nightfall and the wild animals descend. Your camp is in the North of the vast forest. How do you determine which way is North? – Tricky Riddles With Answers
Answer: If you look at the tree trunks, the side of the tree with moss growing is facing North as Moss grows facing North.
18. What can be the same size as the world’s tallest person but weigh nothing? – Tricky Riddles With Answers
Answer: World’s tallest person’s shadow.
19. What goes up and never comes down? – Tricky Riddles With Answers
Answer: Your age. It will rise with the years, but sadly, it will never go down.
20. Who makes it, has no need for it. Who buys it, has no use for it. Those who use it can neither see nor feel it. What is it?
Answer: The answer is a coffin.
If you enjoyed these tricky riddles, then be sure to check out our other blog posts for more fun content. And don’t forget to share this post with your friends to see who can solve the most riddles with answers. As always, thanks for reading!